ADVANTAGES OF LIVING IN AN AURIA SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITY
Auria Senior Living communities are designed for you to enjoy your later years in a vibrant and stimulating community which offers support, advice, and various care options.
There are many compelling reasons to live in our communities.
Some of these are:
• Hassle-Free Living: We take care of all the
aspects of home maintenance. That means hassle-free living for you, giving you ‘lock-up- and-go’ style freedom. Our spacious outdoor environments give you all the benefits of fresh air and gardens, without any of the maintenance concerns.
• Belonging to a Community: One of the biggest benefits of a senior living environment is the opportunity to be
part of a community. There are daily opportunities for interaction and social events, both in structured and unstructured settings. Research shows that a lack of social engagement is a major risk factor for declining health and early mortality, and that older adults who regularly have the opportunity to socialise, take part in stimulating activities and who feel part of a community, experience better overall health and longevity.
• Dining Options: If you love being in the kitchen, there’s no need to stop… but for those who don’t want the hassle or who need some help with preparing meals, we provide a variety of dining options. Not only are these convenient, but our carefully curated menu, prepared by our team of chefs, ensures optimal nutrition along with daily variety.
• Physical Activity: We all know the benefits of exercise at any age. In our senior living communities, a variety of exercise classes and programmes are available to suit your needs and interests. Whether it’s keeping up with the yoga you’ve always done, or taking a class specifically designed to improve general fitness or agility, we’ve got you covered.
• Health & Wellness Screenings: We provide a range of wellness programmes over and above exercise, including regular health and wellness screening. This ensures that any changes that might be cause for concern are identified early and addressed.
• Intellectual Stimulation: Intellectual Stimulation is just as important as physical fitness, so we’ve given great consideration to providing a range of stimulating activities for our residents. These range from hobbies and crafts to discussion groups, talks, movies, documentaries and social and cultural events.
• Security: We take care of security within a fully secured building or estate with 24-hour security and emergency response.
• 24/7 Nursing Care: Should you be unwell, have a fall or experience any other difficulty, our team of qualified nurses and carers is on hand to provide immediate help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Support: We guide, support and communicate with our residents and their families continuously; suggesting where further assistance or other interventions may be required, and ensuring all decisions are made from an informed knowledge base.
• On-Site Clinic: We have regular on-site clinics by experienced general practitioners, as well as some of the country’s most respected specialist geriatricians, all of whom are available within our communities and form part of our multi-disciplinary teams to advise, support and assist in monitoring the health and wellness of our residents.
• Physiotherapy and Biokinetics: We have physiotherapists and bio-kineticists on-site within our communities, for the convenience and wellness needs of our residents.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here are some of our most general frequently asked questions
Q: Are there qualified nurses on duty?
A: Yes, qualified nurses are on duty 24-7-365.
Q: Do you have visiting times?
A: Most certainly not! Your family and friends are welcome to visit you at any time.
Q: If I need temporary care, can I access it and how does it work?
A: We are able to provide a range of specialised care interventions for as long or as short a time as you require. These take the form of temporary care services in our care centre, and include respite care, convalescent care, post-hospitalisation recovery and palliative care. Temporary care can also be provided in your home, subject to comprehensive health care and environmental safety assessments. Care can be obtained at short notice by contacting the Care Manager at each of our Auria communities. We will assess your needs and provide you with the right care and support.
Q: If I want to be looked after in my home without moving into a care environment, do you offer that?
A: Of course. Your choices and preferences are important. We support ageing in place and will gladly bring care and support services to you, if appropriate for your needs.
Q: Do doctors visit?
A: Yes. We have a team of general practitioners and specialist geriatricians who attend regularly for our residents. Private GPs are most welcome to visit their patients on-site in the care facilities if required.
Q: Do you allow pets?
A: In general, Auria is pet-friendly and understands the importance of pets in peoples lives. Pets are allowed, subject to certain conditions and restrictions.